The Philoptochos Society is the duly accredited international women's philanthropic organization of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. The St. Andrew Chapter (SAWPS) remains active in carrying out its mission by helping those in need as well as supporting our church community.
2017-2019 SAWPS Officers
President: Cynthia Melas
Vice President: Fotine Bloom
Recording Secretary: Vonnie Karafotias
Corresponding Secretary: Cindy Lynch
Treasurer: Patty Harrison
Assistant Treasurer: Demetra Christus
Advisor: Vonnie Karafotias
2017-2019 SAWPS Board
PHILOPTOCHOS PRAYER|CLICK HERE
St. Andrew's Philoptochos Outreach Projects/Programs| Click Here
Upcoming Philoptochos Events
- March 3 - Soup Kitchen - First Presbyterian Church - Evanston, IL
- March 10 - Metropolis Annual Lenten Retreat - Assumption Church, Chicago, IL
- March 16 - Making Sack Lunches for Sarah's Circle
- March 24 - Set up for March 25 Luncheon
- March 24 - Begin Dreamcatcher's Drive
- March 25 - Independence Day Spaghetti Luncheon
- March 27 - Philoptochos General Meeting 6:30 pm
- March 31 - Set up for Bake Sale
- Aprl 1 - Palm Sunday Bake Sale
- April 7 - Soup Kitchen - First Presbyterian Church - Evanston, IL
- April 20 - Making Sack Lunches for Sarah's Circle
- April 24 - Philoptochos General Meeting 6:30 pm
- May 5 - Soup Kitchen - First Presbyterian Church - Evanston, IL
- May 18 - Making Sack Lunches for Sarah's Circle
- May 22 - Philoptochos General Meeting 6:30 pm
- June 2 - Soup Kitchen - First Presbyterian Church - Evanston, IL
- June 12 - End of Year Dinner
- July - 45th Annual Clergy Laity & Philoptochos Biennial Convention
Note: Above dates and times subject to change. Watch your Sunday Bulletin, email or upcoming events notice
Philoptochos is you and me making a difference
National Philoptochos is the largest women's Christian charitable organization in the US.
We are 27,000 strong nationwide!!
St. Andrew’s Women’s Philoptochos Society (SAWPS) chapter supports and helps those in need here in our community, and beyond. Philoptochos assists the elderly, the sick, and the poor. We give to Orthodox missions, IOCC, St. Basil’s Academy, local hospitals, neighborhood food pantry and other places. Philoptochos works to make the lives of others better. Please consider renewing your stewardship or joining Philoptochos and see how you can help!!
Suggested Annual Stewardship Donation: $40.00
To be distributed as follows:
National Philoptochos: $15.00 & Metropolis Philoptochos: $6.00
Any additional amount supports the good works of our chapter.
Please click here for Stewardship Form.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the National Philoptochos website, please visit www.philoptochos.org
NATIONAL PHILOPTOCHOS ENVIRONMENT RESPONSIBILITY COMMITTEE|CLICK HERE
Inspired by His All Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, the National Philoptochos Environment Responsibility Committee continues to heighten the awareness of our members in their relationship with the environment
METROPOLIS OF CHICAGO CALENDAR OF EVENTS|CLICK HERE